Friday, October 13, 2006

Breaking News . . . .

I guess the following announcement should have been released about five weeks ago. I'll have to have the announcement department purged, flogged, and forced to run bleeding through the streets. Anyhow . . .

We interrupt this blog, to bring you volleyball season. Your regularly scheduled rants/movie reviews will return upon completetion of tomorrow's JV district tournament, next week's Varsity tournament, and barring an unlikely spoiler, the state tournament in two weeks!

A short preview: Matt may be documenting his reading habits out of vanity, but I will do it out of vanity combined with typical irrational male-male dominance competition. My booklist is longer than your booklist!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the two kids give me a handicap? How many books?

And, of course, the 'male dominance' reference should bring Erica out of hiding as well...

Vandalhooch said...

I've started building the list in my head and started going through the bookcases. We might have to clarify whether rereading a book counts or not. I they don't count then I'll definitely be in the hole.

David said...

I'm not even going to enter this one....I've got a dissertation to write.

Anonymous said...

I'm ok with re-reading counting, as long as there's been, say, five years between the readings.

Of course, there's no way I can hope to win this one, especially if Bookman brings his voracious literary appetite to bear.

Vandalhooch said...

Five years? I have several books that I read at least once and sometimes twice a year. My list is going to be a little shorter than planned.